a visual diary

The Road to Hana

My most recent travel destination was about a month ago. My family and I flew to Maui and explored the island for 12 days. The Road to Hana took us the entire day but was so worth it. We started our journey at a local surf beach. 
 View from Hana Highway.
I was getting really restless and urged my parents to stop by this waterfall. It was so beautiful. A few other people had done the same and were swimming in the pool at the bottom of this waterfall.
The beginning of our hike at Haleakala National Park.
 The Bamboo Forest was enormous and went on for miles. Surprisingly, it was what took my breath away the most. With the wind blowing the trees would bump against one another making the most zen like sounds. It was so peaceful.
 At the end of the hike at Haleakala National Park is this gorgeous waterfall. We only got to admire it for a little before it began raining.
As we ran out of the jungle the downpour ceased and out came a rainbow.